Thursday, April 25, 2013

Boston Strong (article)



            Last week at the Boston Marathon two bombs went off and two bombs were detonated. One hundred plus people were injured and three people died including 8 year old Martin, who was sitting right next to the bomb. The city of Boston was in shock because this was the first terrorist attack since 9/11. Boston Police reacted quickly to help save injured people. Citizens helped and comforted each other. Runners finished the race and continued running to the hospital to give blood. Everyone was there for each other. The FBI worked hard to find the bombers. Two brothers from Russia were on the run. They stole cars and had a shoot outs. Thursday night the oldest brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev was shot and killed during a shoot out and the youngest brother Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was still on the run. Finally on Friday he was found in a Watertown civilian’s back yard hiding in a boat.
            As a teenage high school student I feel like this is all a dream or some movie I watched at the movie theater. I never thought my city of Boston would be attacked. I was with my boyfriend when I found out. We were sitting in my room watching a movie on my laptop without our phones. Half way through the movie we checked twitter to see a hundred tweets about how something happened at the Boston Marathon. We went downstairs and turned on the news and I was in complete shock. My eyes were glued to the television and I swear I didn’t speak a word for about an hour. I felt like I was watching the wrong television station. If I could ask Dzhokhar one question it would be why? Boston is such a powerful and strong city there was no way they were getting away with it. It’s funny to think that they thought they would get away. WE are Boston and WE are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment